With Mother’s Day just around the corner (Sunday, May 10) it’s time to start thinking about ways you can spend the day and make it special for mum.
There are several great experiences on offer around Church St, Brighton – from enjoying a lovely meal, to seeing a movie at Palace Cinemas Dendy Brighton or treating mum to some pamper time.
Here are our recommendations for the best ways to spend Mother’s Day in Brighton:
1. Breakfast to boast about
Tucked away just off the platform at Middle Brighton train station, Track Three Espresso is a trendy little gem worth the visit. Their breakfast menu offers the classics with a twist – try their bircher muesli, breakfast sliders, or the clay pot eggs. Open for breakfast daily from 7am.
2. A lovely lunch
A lunch in the heart of Brighton’s bustling shopping precinct will make for a Mother’s Day outing to remember. Pantry is an ideal restaurant for that special occasion. Treat mum to the organic quinoa and barley salad, slow roasted lamb or Pantry’s famous Japanese soba noodle salad. Lunch is served daily from 11.30am.
3. High time for high tea
Replicate a delightful afternoon tea experience in Brighton for Mother’s Day. There are several cafes in the Church St precinct that will make for a pleasant afternoon tea or coffee and cake occasion. Head to Cafe Florentine for barista-made coffee, a selection of teas and freshly baked scones with jam and cream. Alternatively, be transported to France for a few hours at Laurent and enjoy their European-style cakes, tarts, pastries and gooey macarons alongside a creamy cup of coffee.
4. Catch a flick
There’s nothing more enjoyable than sitting down to watch a movie, especially when it’s at an intimate venue like Palace Cinemas Dendy Brighton. There are plenty of great films showing around Mother’s Day including Age of Adeline, The Longest Ride, The Second Best Marigold Hotel and Cinderella, among others.
5. Treat mum to pamper time
Give your mum the chance to relax and unwind with a treatment from Brighton Beauty Therapy. Choose from a foot spa and pedicure, a rejuvenating facial, a body mask or relaxing massage. Or, for beauty-loving mums, treat them to a makeup application session with a makeup artist at the Mecca Cosmetica Brighton store.
Mother’s Day Gift Guide – find great gifts for mum in Brighton:
Need help finding the perfect gift for Mum? Look no further, here’s some ideas from around Church Street:
- Get cakes, biscuits, pastries, and sweet treats with a homemade touch from Simply Baked. Beautifully wrapped in a brown cardboard box finished with ribbon, you won’t have to do much more than simply give this gift to your mum to impress.
- Beautiful accessories from Country Road, such as the Faux Crocodile Clutch, the Suede Belt or the Mohair Scarf.
- Choose a bouquet of mum’s favourite blooms or go for a box, ceramic, basket, bowl or vase flower arrangement from Brighton Flower Shop.
- A memory book, letter set or wooden jewellery box from the Dear Mum collection from kikki.K.
- For an item with a point of difference, opt for a candleholder, plate or platter made from fine metal from Sheil Abbey and Gallery.
- Does mum love cooking or baking? Then get the perfect gift for the kitchen from Minimax.
- A silver gift from Witchery which will support the Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation. The OCRF Crystal Necklace, OCRF Heart Stud Earring or OCRF Crystal Bracelet would all make great gifts.